1.Building of Stonehenge started around 5,000 years ago. The circular structure was created around 2,500 BC.
2. It is located at Wiltshire, England.
3. It originally was used for cremation.
4. On the longest day of the year, the sun rises over the Heel Stone. On the shortest day of the year, the sun sets on it.
5. It is composed with two different types of stones. The big ones are sarsen stones. The small ones are bluestones.
6. Charles Darwin theorized that the stones are sinking due to earthworms.