Skip to content
- Some people believe that bagpipes were invented in Egypt and were brought north by the Romans. Others think the Irish or Scottish originated them.
- A bagpipes player is called a “Piper”.
- Bagpipes were outlawed in Scotland in 1745 as a weapon of war. In 1996 they were deemed not a weapon of war.
- There are 2 major types of bagpipes. Scottish and Irish.
- The bagpipes are played at firefighter, police and military funerals because many of the service members were from Scotland and Ireland in the mid 1800’s.